Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mackenzie's 1st Birthday

Birthday breakfast, she gets the traditional pancake breakfast!





"I'm all dressed up for my party!"



I know, we had enough cake to feed an army!


It's almost too pretty to eat!






Her first taste.

She likes it!
Uh, oh....big MESS!



Okay, I know this is placed randomly among Mackenzie's birthday pics, but it is related. We ended the party a little early to go and see Gabby's art work that was picked to go to the Houston Livestock Rodeo for the school district. Her picture recieved a blue ribbon of excellence! We were so proud of her!

Present time!





"Um, I think I'll just stand on this one instead of opening it!"


"I love you, Gido!"


Mackenzie's party was a success! It was a small affair with just family. We had lunch, ate cake, and opened presents. We moved quickly, but for an impatient little one-year-old, the pace was perfect. Also, we needed to get up to Dulles High School to view Gabby's award winning artwork. I wouldn't miss that, but I was so torn. I guess that's what happens with multiple kids. You have to split your time. Mackenzie didn't know the difference and we had the best of both worlds. We are so blessed to have our little Mackenzie in our lives. I can't believe it's been a year!!!! It has gone by way too fast! She grew up over night! I am so glad she came into our lives! She makes me so happy! I love her little personality! I love how sometimes for just a quick moment, I feel like I traveled back in time with little Gabby as my baby. She reminds me sooo much of her! I love her little blonde hair, so different from what we expected from a quarter lebanese child! I love her strong death grip on anything that she want to hold on to and not let go of. I love her playful nature. I love how she adds so much to our family! I love now that she walks, she just wanders around our house getting into mischief. I love how she has become so attached to me that when I leave a room, she follows me worried that I might leave the house. I love how she tries to wash her brother's back and head in the bathtub. I love the way she savors food that she loves. I love how she is such a little lady because she prefers a fork for messy food. I love how she was my earliest walker. I love that as soon as she was mobile, she would make her way to the front door when daddy came home. I love the way she bear hugs any stuff animal or baby doll. I love seeing her smile at me through the slats of her crib after a good nap. There are so many things I love about her! I could go on and on! And, I can't wait to be there to watch her grow into a little girl. She is so precious and adorable and we love her tremendously!!!! Happy Birthday, Mackenzie!

4 comments:

Lexi said...

So, you're saying you love Mackenzie? ;) Well, I love her too, and I think your party was once again, a total success. You really have a knack for decorating for parties. I'm also glad that you had time to go see Gabby's artwork... so cute! When I go to the rodeo this year, I'll have to look for it (if it's displayed there). I know you must be relieved to have made it through your "gauntlet" but you have lots of nice memories and pictures to show for it!! See you soon!

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

I can NOT believe she is one. That truly boggles my mind. Wasn't it just yesterday that Grant and I came to see her in the hospital? She is too sweet! I am sad she is getting so big so fast. Things seem to fly with the third child, and I don't even have a third child.

Where did you get her cake? It was the perfect Cooey Bird cake!

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Oh, forgot to say Congrats to Gabby for her beautiful artwork! We are so proud of you!

Andrea said...

The cooey bird cake was from Julies Cakes! Too bad she was the only one that got to eat it!