Friday, February 5, 2010

Big Changes in February!!!

Gosh, I've really gotten behind on all blogging/facebook lately. And, we've had some pretty major things happen this past month. It started rather quickly after Mackenzie's birthday, when our house seemed to be busting at the seams with new toys from two birthdays and Christmas. Chad kind of started thinking we were growing out of this house, which at first I was resistant to admit, but after looking around, I agreed. We have been in this house for 5 1/2 good years. We've enjoyed so many wonderful moments and memories in this house. All of our kid's first birthdays, first steps, bringing babies home from the hospital, etc... How can we possibly replace such a house? After thinking and praying, we decided to put our dear house on the market. Once this decision was made, we began the long journey of repainting, sprucing up, paring down furniture, giving away and putting away toys, taking down clutter and so on and so on. After nine days on the market, we had an offer!!! We were a bit shocked, but it was happening. I wasn't sure that I was ready for everything to be happening so soon. Of course we are still in the ups and downs of whether everything will work out with this buyer. But soon afterward, we made an offer on a lovely, bigger, two-story house in Sienna Plantation, that I absolutely love and think it just perfect for us. We made a contingency offer on it. And now I am on an emotional roller coaster hoping everthing with work out. I am trying not to get my hopes up too much, but I can't help it. I can't stop decorating the new house in my mind. But, I am ready for anything whatever the outcome. I know God has his plan for us, and I will just follow whatever that is. I just thought I would share with the rest of ya'll who don't know yet. Please be praying for us that this all works out. We close on February 12th on our old house and February 16th on our new house!!!!! More updates to come!

1 comment:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

HOLY COW!!!!!! What wonderful news!!! I am so excited for you guys, but sad for us that you will be moving further away. Sienna Plantation is not a hop, skip and a jump from us like your current house is. Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys though that all will go smoothly. I can only imagine how much fun you are having in that creative mind of yours with how to decorate this new house. I can't wait to see it! I was hoping we could get together soon, but it seems like you may be too busy for a get-together for a while.