Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy Birthday, Wild Thing


Alex in his "wolf suit"

















King of the Wild Things!











Mackenzie was enjoying her lunch!










Boy stuff!!!



Girls just want to have fun!


The post is a week late, but, hey, it's been a busy week and Christmas was a looong post. And, I felt it was important to keep Alex's birthday separate from Christmas. It's hard having a smashing terrific Christmas, the kind where you're feeling you need a few days just to let all of the excitment simmer down. Well, for the rest of my life, this can't happen!!!! Why? Because I have two precious children whose birthdays fall 3 days after Christmas and 2 weeks after. As I am writing this, my decorations for Mackenzie's 1st birthday are on my kitchen countertop. We aren't done yet! Meanwhile, every nook and cranny are crammed with toys, etc... I'm rambling. Anyway, Alex' s birthday party was a success despite the fact that we had to postpone it a couple of days due to both Gabby and Alex having strep throat!!! But, atleast it gave us a little more time to set up for his wild things party! I loved the theme of his party because Alex reminds me so much of the character from the book, Max. He is truly my little wild thing, but I love him. Alex really enjoyed having his party with all of his cousins and his friends. I think this was his first party that he really understood it was his birthday. Of course by this point he is on toy overload, but he still tore through those gifts like a pro. At the end of the day, I'm glad for all the happy memories and that he had a good time. I can't be completly relieved being that Mackenzie's party is Saturday, but it will be a much simpler party with just a few family members, so atleast I won't be sewing and decorating til the wee hours like Alex's party. I go overboard and I don't know why! What can I say? I just love putting together my kid's parties! But I'm ready for a break... Here's more...




3 comments:

Lexi said...

Alex's party was truly a success! You out did yourself! :)

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

I am so sad we missed his party. You did an EXCELLENT job. I love the vines hanging from the kitchen ceiling and the precious cupcakes - not to mention Alex's Wild Things sweatshirt. You need to help me plan Grant's birthday party. I'm really not up to it. Where did you get those cupcakes? Did you make them?
Happy late birthday, Alex, you Wild Thing.

Andrea said...

Thanks, Amanda! The cupcakes were pretty easy to make. They're just regular cupcakes with lemon heads for the eyes and cashews for the horns and almond slivers for teeth!