Thursday, April 9, 2009

Word Girl & Captain Huggy Face


Gabby is tied up and Alex is saving her.



Alex has that crazy look in his eye again. Oh no...here he comes!

As this picture is being taken, the sword is plunging into my stomach. Needless to say it was put away shortly after.




Every afternoon I let Gabby watch her favorite program on PBS, Word Girl. She loves this show. Why? I'm not quite sure, but it does at least introduce a few new vocabulary words every episode. I think she likes the super hero aspect to it. If you've ever seen it, Word Girl has a sidekick who is a monkey...I forget his name, something like Captain Huggy Face. Anyway, I thought it was sooo cute yesterday that she and Alex pretended to be Word Girl and Captain Huggy Face. They created these little scenarios where one of them would be tied up by the bad guy and the other one would break them free. I just love when they use their imagination. I actually prefer they do this than get out a ton of toys that I end up having to clean up. Priceless moments...when they're not fighting or watching TV. The good'ol days. It kinda makes me sad that in a few months, Gabby will be off at kindergarten and they won't have these days to hang out. So we'll enjoy them while we can!

1 comment:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

"Word up! It's Word Girl!" Grant loves the show too. I love the show because he gets really quiet when it's on. I do love it when they play together and use the creativity the Lord gave them, but I gotta say: Sometimes T.V. says the day!