Sunday, April 5, 2009

Baby Doll




We love you Aunt Shannon!!!



We went to church today and I dressed Mackenzie up for church. She seriously is like my little baby doll. I love changing her outfits and getting her ready every morning. Today I dressed her up in a little outfit that used to be Gabby's. There are so many outfits that used to be Gabby's. Although Mackenzie is a bigger different looking baby, it still reminds me of having Gabby when she was little. Chad and I are still debating if we will go for Number 4, so I am trying to soak up this adorable baby stage where you can dress them how ever you like and snuggle them and hold them. It's funny how having the older two really makes you understand how much they change in such a short time. Lately, I have just been truly enjoying Mackenzie and her little chubby cheeks and rolly legs...sigh...maybe Number 4 is in our future...not our near future...but in our future...I just feel it. This can't be the end of babies. Isn't it sad that there has to be a time where you say, no more babies for me. As much work as they can be, I love their smell and playful wide eyes. I love it!!!



In other news, we bravely took the kids yesterday to the mall in the huge stroller to get their pictures made. What a chore this was! I was seriously sweating when we were finally done. It took forever to get one shot out of Alex. He just would not sit still and look at the camera or do anything that the photographer asked him to do. We did get a few shots, but not many. You will laugh when you see the ones of Alex. He looks crazy, but very indicative of a two-year-old boy...shirt tail coming out, hair frazzled with a stinky grin on his face. Gabby's pics turned out sooo good. I can't wait to post them. I have to wait a few weeks until I get the email.

4 comments:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Okay - that's it: I need a girl. I want to dress my OWN baby doll!! And by the way, you did an EXCELLENT job at describing Alex's appearance- I can picture it clearly in my head including his two-year-old mischievious smile. I have a feeling I'll love his cute pictures as much as I'll love Gabby's beautiful pictures but for totally different reasons. Thank the Lord for little boys and little girls (that get to wear pink and lace and BIG bows.... sigh).

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Forgot to mention that I totally hear ya when you share your feelings about being "done" with kids. What a hard decision to make!! I suppose that's why I haven't said "ENOUGH" yet: it's too hard to make such a finalized decision.(God, help me!) And, you'd better knock on wood about #4 not being in the "near future". If I remember correctly, Mackenzie wasn't exactly in the "near" plans either... ha ha

Ashley said...

Loving all the pictures and updates!! I SO enjoyed holding that chubby cheeked princess last night; it brought back memories to when Abbey was a baby. Girls are just SO different in every way... even as babies. Can't wait to see your Spring pictures which reminds me to get on the ball; I've got to get the kiddos in!

Unknown said...

This is my favorite post so far!! And I am totally on board for baby number 4!!