Friday, April 24, 2009

Gabby Gets a Medal


Alex was a tidbit jealous, so he borrowed Daddy's old medal.

This was just too cute not to post.


She's really growing up!

Also, Gabby has lost her second tooth!!!

We are so proud of Gabby! She has been dancing at Robins Dance Studio for 3 whole years! It is hard to believe her third recital will be in 2 weeks. I am so proud of the progress she has made since even last year. She has become quite a little dancer. I went to pick her up from dance last night and was blown away as she was rehearsing her Jazz dance. Their class took turns showing their routine to another class that has older girls (8-10 year olds). I couldn't believe how well she did even compared to some of the older girls. The only problem is, she wants to quit. I don't know what to do. Part of me wants to let her do what she wants, but the other part of me want to encourage her to keep going. I can see her really doing well, and I hate to have her just quit. But, then again, what's a hobby if it isn't exciting and fun for her? We'll see...

4 comments:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

That's a hard one. You make two very good points. One hates to see their child walk away from something they excel in, but at the same time, if it is not fun to them anymore, what's the point? Maybe she just needs a little break - maybe take a semester/year off and see where that leads. And, I can't believe she has lost two teeth now. Grant hasn't lost one. How much does a tooth run the Tooth Fairy nowadays?

Andrea said...

Tooth fairy leaves 3 dollars...is that too much? Maybe I set the rate too high?

Lexi said...

To chime in on Tooth Fairy business, Lee told Garrett when his first tooth was loose that he would get $5 a tooth for his two middle top and bottom teeth... so I honored that. By that math, he will get $20 for those four. I will probably give a dollar or two for the rest. After all, they don't usually loose them all at once (unless they're money hungry and start pulling them out!!)

As for the rest of your current update, hopefully Gabby is only a little burnt out. That's natural. Garrett says stuff like that sometimes, but then he changes his mind. You'll know in time whether or not she really wants to quit or if its just a mood.

Oh, and I couldn't help but notice that Mackenzie is really starting to look like you, Andi! The pic of her in the bouncer where she is smiling reminds me of you as a kid~ and I should know :)

Ashley said...

It's so funny that you mentioned the dance thing because Abbey is completely burned out with it too and I've been debating what we will do next year. She has danced, like Gabby, since 2 and this last year she only danced because I enrolled her in jazz only (she said NO tap and ballet). SO we're planning on doing Little Gym tumbling classes during the summer for a change (she loved it last year). Through all the years I took dance I learned something; if you wait until your daughter WANTS to dance, they'll be amazing b/c it was their choice. I say as long as they do something active that they enjoy, it's a win, win; that's my 2 cents! :)

I hope it was a great recital night b.t.w.; loved seeing your beautiful family at church today!