Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July Aready?

And the New York trip begins at Rockerfeller Center


Touring NBC Studios...Now time to meet the celebrities!!!!


Yes, I just happen to run into Julia Roberts, and she offered me a chair.

Chad's climbing the business ladder of success.

Beyonce asked me to be her back up dancer.


Chad got into a fight with P. Diddy. Who could blame him?

I'm not jealous, she's so fake.
Chad was then pulled over for an interview.

Britney was just hanging out, so I said "Hello"



That is just TALL!!!
Chad fit right in at the original Grimaldi's.




Day Two: Central Park & Met Musuem

Beautiful scenery....Chad's not bad looking either.

No, he's not an American Woman. Just the exhibit name, people!





For the Billy Madison fans: "Stop looking at me swan!"

Some of my favorite pieces.....



And, now off to dinner at Sardi's and Broadway to see Chicago!

Time Square right outside our hotel.



Nice dinner at Sardi's

I don't even look 30 do I? Don't answer that!

Right before the show
Day 3 (My Birthday): St. Patrick's Cathedral, 5th Ave, Lunch reservations at Serendipity 3, See Broadway "Promises, Promises", Midnight at Empire State Building

Inside the Cathedral, breathtaking.




Donald Trump's next Apprentice!!!

Souvenirs for the kiddos back home.

Very romantic, but short and kinda stinky and overly priced carriage ride.

My favorite spot in Central Park, where we sat on the lawn and just enjoyed nature. How often do you get to do that?



LUNCHTIME!!!!

Yummy!!!



Very Very Good Show!!!!

And to wrap up my birthday we went to the Empire State building and snuk a cupcake to eat at the top!


I'm afraid of heights, so the picture is not so clear, sorry!

Hurry and eat before the guard catches ya!

"Good Morning!" The view from our hotel room window!
Day 4: Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island, and HURRY to the airport


"Goodbye, New York!"





Before we take our taxi to the airport, we make a little stop at Gray's Papaya hot dogs. Delicious!!!

Back home we had a small celebration at Olive Garden for my birthday.






Now GRANBURY!!!!!!!!

Too cute not to post...




More cute...


Cousins at breakfast time.


Gabby, Alex & Mackenzie modeling their new NYC shirts!


Happy Fourth!!!!!!




Cammie and Gabby!!!






Model in the making












Hanging out on the couch!


My grandparents joined us for church and lunch


Kenzie is enjoying her lunch too!

Just the girls! My sisters, Amy, and Jennifer and my mom.


Firecrackers!!!!!

Wow how a summer flies by! I am almost sad thinking of all that I wanted to do this summer, but didn't get done. But, at least I did do some things that I wanted to do and that includes a fabuloso trip to NYC and getting some chill time with my kids at home. I also turned the big 3-0. Not my favorite part about this summer, but Chad and I certainly had a great reason to celebrate in the Big Apple. We also were celebrating 8 solid, happy years of marriage. And I think there was a Father's Day in there too. What a busy month June turned out to be! One of the reasons I have been behind on my blogging is that we also went to Granbury this past weekend to celebrate the Fourth of July with my family. We had a blast there too! I hope the rest of the summer is just as fun, but less busy, if it can be with three kids. I do still have a few more goals in mind to get accomplished, but they are not quite as fabulous as the fun we had at the beginning of the summer. I guess that would include organizing closets, skill-sharpening of my kids' school work, cleaning, more organizing, a few playdates and I bet we can have some fun at the Sienna pool some too!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Loved this post! I want to go to NYC so bad! Looks like y'all had an amazing trip! Granbury pics are precious as well, with all the kids together. My dad said he was going up there to Granbury this weekend too. Hope you get your summer stuff done!!

Lexi said...

I love the "I'm not Jealous, she's so fake" comment~ ha!! Even though I had seen those pics, I really enjoyed seeing them again. I noticed how you used my fav pic of the Statue/NYC that Chad took; that really is a nice shot. Also, thanks for including me with my demon eyes in your bday pics ;) The granbury pics are great. I'm glad you had such a good time. Where did you get your kids matching outfits? They are really cute :) I especially love the picture of Chad holding up Mackenzie. Well, I will see in about an hour!