Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Legacy

This was hanging in my granddaddy's back room.
My grandparents.




Here we are having church.



My granddaddy is showing all the great-grandkids his missing finger.


My kids rang their bell, something I would do as a kid at their old house. They brought their bell with them.



A lifetime of love.


Generations gathered.

This past Memorial Day was definitely one to be cherished! These are the moments that make our life worth living. Being with Family. Having fun. Eating. But, what made this an extra special Memorial Day, was bringing my kids to my grandparents new home in Granbury, TX. For years, my grandparents have lived up in the panhandle of Texas, which made it almost impossible for my little family to ever get to see them. In April, they moved years worth of their things into a house near my parent's lakehouse. On this Sunday, we had Sunday church service in their living room. This brought tears to many of our eyes as we each realized the significance of what we were experiencing worshiping the Lord, together, children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren. Generations in one place honoring God. It was a moment that I know I will cherish beyond this day and time. My granddaddy spoke with tears in his eyes as he told us that he hoped that one day, we could do the same with our grandchildren and great-grandchildren, to truly grasp the magnitude of lifetimes of prayers answered. Can you imagine living long enough to worship God with your great-grandchildren? What a gift from God. Just think how pleased you are when your child does something remarkable for the first time. What a peace you would feel to see your future generations praising God. I know this moment was one that both my parents and grandparents have spent their lifetime striving for. I pray that one day I too will get to see this Legacy passed on to my generations and beyond. Praise God for my grandparents, and for their love of God, and for how they passed down their knowledge and wisdom on to us.

"Posterity will serve him; future generations will be told about the Lord." Psalm 22:30
"One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts."
Psalm 145:4

3 comments:

Lexi said...

Also, Psalms 112:1-2 "Praise the LORD! Blessed is the man who fears the LORD, who greatly delights in his commandments! His offspring will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed." I would venture to say that you and your family are indeed, very blessed :)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post.

Ashley said...

Loved catching up on your blog and what a special post honoring the legacy of love b/w your grandparents! What sweet pictures Tiffany took of your beautiful family; they just turned out awesome! Hopefully we can get all our kiddos together soon for a summer playdate, blessings!