Monday, August 24, 2009

Gabby Goes to Kindergarten!!!














Gabby had a great day! And, I didn't even cry when I dropped her off. I thought I would, but I was too caught up in the details of the morning and the newness of it all. I also had a great feeling that she would be okay. She was sooo excited!!! She told me that she loved her day...they went to Art and the cafeteria for lunch. She told me they learned how to be quiet everywhere. Ha!!! Her favorite part was playing on the playground and seeing her old best friend from preschool there. She did great!

3 comments:

Lexi said...

I'm so glad she enjoyed her first day so much, and that you got through it so well! Here's to a great year!! :)

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Oh, Gabby and Andrea, I am so happy for both of you. Glad to hear it all went well. Thank goodness for busy mornings, huh? Sounds like Gabby is right at home in her new school. I love the first picture you posted - the one with her hand off to the side. What a cutie!

Kelli said...

Yay for a good first day of school! Kindergarten is such a fun, important time of learning; I am so glad she enjoyed her first day.