Friday, August 7, 2009

"Cooey Bird"









My grandaughter, Hartley, was playing nearby





This is our nickname for Mackenzie. Leave it to Gabby to come up with a nickname that sticks. First we called her Cooey, because she was a baby and she coos. Then when we noticed the feathery way her hair stands up on her head like a bird, the name morphed to "Cooey Bird." Then sometimes we say the rare "Cooey Bird", one of the rarest of her kind. Just silly stuff that parents say to their babies. But you can see from some of her pictures. She really has a fuzzy chic head.
















3 comments:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

I think Cooey Bird is a perfect and precious name for sweet Mackenzie. I totally love the fact that big sis came up with it. That makes it even more special. Mackenzie seems to be looking more and more like Alex... I just don't see Gabby in her at all - yet.

Lexi said...

Well, I've been spelling her nickname wrong :( ... But glad I know better now!

Andrea said...

Amanda, you should see Gabby's baby pics. Mackenzie does show simalarities to Gabby. I will post.