Friday, December 12, 2008

Busy Season

In Granbury, Alex's first attempt in a big boy bed, and he falls out and sleeps on the floor.

Addison, Gabby and Kaelyn

Horse Swing!






Thanksgiving Feast

We were visiting my brother at his home in Fort Worth. Alex sure loved that trampoline!



Cousins


We went to my nephew's highschool Fort Worth Christian basketball game



When we came home we had our annual family Christmas slumber party. We had a special dinner in the dining room, smores and egg nog for dessert. Then we decorated to Christmas tree and lastly we watched a Christmas movie in the living room next to the tree. We then attempted for the whole family to sleep on the floor together...but Alex kept everybody up. Oh well, I guess we can try again next year!





Don't be fooled by this calm picture. After the movie, Alex was still awake and playing. Needless to say, he spent the rest of the night in his crib.


Sorry I haven't updated in a while. This has literally been the busiest season of my life. I have just sent out all of my Christmas cards explaining this. I have been trying to finish Baby Mackenzie's room, which has meant multiple errands and sewing and painting and the weekly doctor visits. I have also been decorating for Christmas, shopping for Christmas, wrapping for Christmas, sending out Christmas cards etc...and I'm still not done. Not to mention, Alex's birthday party is at the end of this month as well. And he just made the huge transition into his big boy bed. So...it's been quite a busy, but exciting ride. I haven't even posted pictures displaying what a fabulous Thanksgiving we shared with my parents and my brother and his family in Granbury. It was a special trip considering I won't be traveling again anytime soon until the baby comes. Mackenzie's room is almost ready with about 3 1/2 weeks to go, so I will posting the final product this weekend after we buy the changing table. But, for now here is a little family update with pictures.

2 comments:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

3 1/2 weeks to go! I can't believe it!! I am so excited! I love the picture you posted of sweet Alex sleeping on the floor. It's pretty impressive that he still slept. Good luck with the Big Boy Bed stuff. We'll cross our fingers that Alex does better than Grant did. Sounds like you guys have been so busy. We miss seeing you all! Can't wait to see M's room. I can only imagine how perfect it will be.

Ashley said...

Absolutely loved the tradition of smores, eggnog, and FUN with the kiddos!!! They will remember and cherish that even when they're all grown up! Great Christmas card b.t.w.! It does sound like it has been a very busy season for you; take care of that little bambino and put your feet up ( I know that's hard to do w/ little ones underfoot)!