Sunday, September 11, 2011

Picnic in the Park & a Family Visit
































We decided to enjoy a picnic in the park last Friday. I am surprised at how easy it was to pack a few bologna sandwiches and drinks and swoop the kids off to the park close to our house. We really enjoyed being together, doing something different, and being outdoors. We have avoided outside in this hot weather, but this particular park has many shady trees. We had the entire park to ourselves and had a private picnic beneath the trees. Charlie snoozed a bit on the picnic blanket, and afterwards he gazed up at the marvelous sight above him, tree branches! I was an unexpected special day!


My sister-in-law and brother-in-law came in town for a baby shower this weekend and stayed with us at our house. We really enjoyed their company and the kids loved playing with their cousin Jackson!!!







1 comment:

Lexi said...

Cute! Love the thumb sucking pic. Reminds me of the picnic Garrett and I had earlier this year by the bayou and downtown :) Sorry I've been such a stranger to blogger... maybe I'll post again soon!