Thursday, April 29, 2010

Finds


My best friend and mom and I went antiquing today in the Richmond and Rosenburg area. I have been really longing to do so, since I rarely get to shop anywhere right now with the two kiddos in tow. But, today Alex was at school, so I figured I could handle just the one little Mackenzie, right? Wrong. She was quite the busy one, almost broke a few valuables, but we made it. I was very pleased that most of the things I got were under $10. I think Chad would be pleased as well or maybe he might just see this stuff as a bunch of old junk, but I love the old country style. It's amazing how one piece can transform my modern kitchen into an old historical home. Well, maybe not completely, but almost. My goal is to add one little item little by little to achieve the old classic country style. I've been wanting to go this route for years, but I get stuck with my same ol' same ol'. Since now I'm still moving in my new kitchen, I am trying to be a little more choosier with my accessories. I am officially phasing out the mass of roosters that I have collected through the years. Not that I don't like a few ones here and there, but for a while there rooster was almost everywhere you looked. My next mission--another plate wall with white antique platters.

2 comments:

Lexi said...

You had me at "my best friend..." (lol). Cool pic. I had fun with you guys! I know Mackenzie was a handful, but I think you did well under pressure :). Also, I admire the fact that you and your mom have such a definite idea in your minds for what you want as far as decorating goes.

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

I want to go with you next time. I love the idea of white antique platters!