Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Vacation

Just relaxing...that's what the holidays are all about!




"What? Oh, I just needed a tissue."

Baking pumpkin spice cookies with mommy.




Hanging out with cousin Katie at Grandma's house.

Aunt Shannon is helping Mackenzie walk.


Guys talking sports.


Dinner time!!!

Baby's first Thanksgiving.

Naptime already? Nah, just pretending.



Time to get out the Christmas decorations!!!

Decorating fun!



Every year we have our annual slumber party. First we have Chinese food in the dining room, then we have smores and eggnog for dessert, next we decorate the Christmas tree, and lastly we have a slumber party where we watch Polar Express and sleep in the living room.


Egg nog and smores!

Alex had to change his pajamas after spilling his eggnog, but that didn't stop him from enjoying decorating the Christmas tree.

Movie time!!!!

This year we added a smaller tree to our den, so we have two trees. I love having two. I never get tired of seeing Christmas trees.

And now we have five stockings hanging from the fireplace. It's a great feeling seeing their little names in a row. I love my kids! I love Christmas! This year's gonna be a great one!
We had an excellent Thanksgiving this year! We spent this year with Chad's family in good ol' Missouri City. This year was everthing wonderful that you would expect of a perfect Thanksgiving:
#1 Good Food
#2Family Fun
#3 Christmas Decorating (to follow)
Is doesn't get any better than that!

2 comments:

Lexi said...

As usual, your pics are so cute, and they tell the story of a very happy family!! I can't wait to see your decorations in person! :)

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

First of all, WHEN did Mackenzie get so big????? I just saw her last month. Stop growing, Mackenzie! It is making me sad!! Looks like you all had a gret Thanksgiving. Were you in Granbury? Did you go to the Thanksgiving parade? It was fun - small town feel, but the parade was pretty, well, bad. Almost every float had Jesus in it. I've never seen so many Jesuses in my life! There were random groups of motorcylces adorned with Christmas lights, too. Quite the mix. But, the lighting of the candles and everyone singing and shopping and walking through the Christmas lights at the city park afterwards was totally fun.
I love your mom's red couch/curtains. LOVE RED!
Your fireplace looks PERFECT for the holidays. Five stockings - so festive. I love your tradition of your Christmas Slumber Party. Not sure my kids could pull that off. Grant and Rhett would be bouncing around like a couple of NUTS! It's hard enough to contain them in their beds! I can't imagine the mess it would turn into if they had the open range of the living room. Still, I'd like to try it. It sounds very special.