Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween!!!!








Alex's preschool teacher, Ms. Laura, painted faces on Thursday.


My kids showing off my friend, Amanda's designer halloween shirts.






Meow!

AHoy Mate!!!









Gido was a Benihenna (sp?) Chef

Mackenzie loved Grandma's pumpkin that lit up and laughed.





Cousins!!!!


We had an awesome Halloween. For me Halloween isn't about evil monsters or scary ghosts. It is about the joy I see in my kids eyes as they get dressed up and go trick or treating. And that's exactly what happened this year. Alex was the most excited. He was thrilled about the whole experience, especially when he tried to stuff candy in his mouth constantly. At the end of the night he was sad b/c he thought Halloween was over and his candy would be gone. He was happy to learn that his candy would be waiting for him in his pumpkin at the top of the fridge to be rationed out at dessert times. But, I mean come on, who can eat that much candy? Mackenzie could care less about the whole night. Gabby had the trick-or-treat thing down by now, but she was still very into it. We also carved the pumpkin that we picked at Dewberry. Other than being a little grossed out, Alex and Gabby enjoyed watching a plain ol' pumpkin turn into a real Jack O' Lantern. Halloween was definately the family day we wanted it to be and now I just gotta put away the decorations....ugh. Out with the old and in with the new... Thanksgiving!!!!

2 comments:

Lexi said...

I know I am biased... but I think Mackenzie is the cutest black and hot pink kitten ever! :) She had such cute expressions in all of your photos! Gabby was also a very sleek kitty, and Alex a convincing pirate ;) I'm so glad that you finally found a good costume for him!! I'm also glad that you all enjoyed the holiday so much! Thanks for sharing your nice memories!

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

I totally looked for you! I saw Chad and Gabby and Alex, but Chad said you were off feeding Mackenzie. I, too, was sad about the forever gone 2009 Grant and Gabby Halloween picture! Poo!
Alex sure was excited to be a pirate. You better believe he sure did say, "Arrrrg!" at me. Of course Gabby chimed in with meowing. They looked like they were having so much fun in their costumes. When is our next play date?