Friday, January 16, 2009

Week One







Well, we've all seemed to have managed the first week with three kids in the house. I know I am fooled in thinking that things are going pretty smoothly and maybe the transition will be smoother than expected. Things are going so well. It helps that we've had some very generous people bring us dinner. Chad did the grocery shopping this week with the two older ones...afterwards he was in disbelief that I can do this every week...needless to say, not an easy task. My dear mother has sent a cleaning company to clean my house this week. She has also come over to help and do laundry. My mother-in-law and father-in-law have been driving Gabby to and from preschool. My sweet neighbors have come over to visit bearing presents. And to top it off, Mackenzie's favorite thing to do is sleep. Seriously, I almost wish she would be awake a little more. She is sleeping pretty well through the night, only getting up once or twice to eat, but then she will quickly go back to sleep. The only problem is that she has taken a liking to our bed and mattress. Chad says we should go get her own mattress at Mattress Firm. The girl has fancy tastes. I know that things are going well, but reality will settle in soon...and the rigors of chores and life will start up just around the time Mackenzie will be waking up from her sleepy newborn stage. All I can do is trust and hope that God will give me the strength to keep up. So far, So good.

3 comments:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

You are doing BETTER than good! You are doing GREAT, and no matter what life with three kids throws at you, you will handle it with grace. But on those days when you just need to be ALONE, call me - I'll take the kids, and you can drink some wine. ha ha

Amy said...

Wow, I am impressed. You are doing very well. Mack is looking cute. I am using Mack because I can't spell her name yet. :) Love you
Amy

Ashley said...

How's that precious little girl doing?! We've been praying for her and you! I love the picture of her showing off that head of hair; what a CUTIE!!