Tuesday, June 23, 2009

29

I am now a new number. Today is my birthday, the first day beginning my last year in my twenties. What a sad thought. I know it's just a silly number, but it really means something to me. There is happiness in that number, knowing that I am exactly where I wanted to be at 29, but there's also a little twinge of sadness because I know it's the beginning of feeling truly older. I've joked about being 29 all day. It's that age that older people lie about when they pretend to be younger. I am now that person I used wonder about when babysitting as a teenager, with a house overtaken by toys and laundry baskets. It means that starting this time next year thirty something will be in full swing. Scary! I will try to include a clip from one of my all time favorite movies, Overboard, with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell. If I can't get it to work, rent the movie, it's hilarious! Being 29 reminds me of a scene where Goldie Hawn, "Annie" asks Kurt Russell, "Dean" how old she was because she lost her memory and after pausing for a moment he responds "29." This is an eighties movie that I used to laugh at in my younger days. Now I'm that number!!! Maybe I'm freaking out a little too much, but to pay tribute to my age I decided to include that comparison. It's funny how the movie Overboard's quotes can very easily fit into every day conversation and reference. Ha Ha! At least I can laugh about my inevitable aging.

Okay I tried inserting the YouTube video for that part in the movie but I am just that uneducated in computer stuff. Instead I'll try inserting a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7cYZcZEW18

3 comments:

Lexi said...

Thanks for the throw back. I really enjoyed watching the clip from Overboard! Also, I'm glad you are joining the "29 club." You know... it's that age that older people lie about when they pretend to be younger. ;)

Glad I could spend your bday with you!

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!! And oh - what I've give to me 29 again. 30 really STINKS. I mean, I REALLY hate that number! You can still say you're in your twenties - sigh.
I hope you had a great birthday and that you know how much you are loved!

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Gee whiz! Talk about some major typos in my message above! Guess I should've looked it over before I published my comment!