Friday, May 15, 2009

Playtime Got a Little Boring Today



This has never happened before! When did she become a thumb-sucker? She usually relies on her pacifier to get to sleep in her crib after a few times of me going back in the room to put it back in her mouth. But today, I put her down on a blanket in our den trying to get her to roll around and play with that block. Instead, she gets real still and starts chewing on her hand. Next thing I knew she was sucking her thumb asleep. Wow! I am kind of excited because that means in the middle of the night, maybe she will start soothing herself back to sleep. But that also means the start of a very difficult habit to break. Hopefully she won't suck her thumb as long as I did as a child. Maybe it's hereditary?

5 comments:

Lexi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lexi said...

Yeah, maybe it is hereditary! Either way, if it means you might get a good night's rest, then at least that is something nice for now!

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

She is TOTALLY going to town on that thumb. How precious is that????!!! It's so cool the way they just do these things - no training involved. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that this thumb thing helps you out in the night!
We really need to get together soon!

Ashley said...

Oh my!!! I can't believe she's sucking her thumb, but you're right maybe she'll learn to self soothe... and more sleep could be on the horizon! Loved your pics of Mother's Day (SO adorable) and Gabby's recital! These girls are just growing up too fast; it makes me feel old when I get Abbey all dooded up for these recitals, they just look so much older! Hope ya'll are having a great week!

Cindy said...

Love your posts. I have meant to comment on a few of them and then some little person always interrupts me. I love watching the kids grow and I am embarrassed we live a few miles away an never see you. I will have to be better about calling this summer!