Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice....

Well, I have to spread the fantastic news. I am happy to say that Gabby and Alex will be having a baby sister!!!! We went to the ultrasound today and I was floored. I just knew it was going to be a boy. Boy, I was wrong. Somehow I'm wrong with every baby. I never guess it right. Oh well. We now can get excited and prepared for our second little girl. We are thrilled! My mom watched the kids while we went, so on the way home, Chad and I stopped by a little boutique and bought the new baby girl a little something. Gabby was slightly disappointed to hear it wasn't another "stinky little brother," but she then started to get excited for a little sister. We told Alex and he didn't seem to understand nor care. I honestly was hoping for a little girl, but I also thought that Alex would want a little brother. Maybe a fourth is in our future?.....

2 comments:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

I am so excited for you guys!!! I was guessing boy as well. How sweet that you and Chad bought a special little baby girl something on the way home. Kerry and I do that with each baby as well, and it is very special to me. Well, get out the ribbons and bows, lace and everything pink - here comes baby girl Dick. Have you thought about the name "Amanda"???? ha ha

Unknown said...

Aunt Shannon and Uncle Mak are soooo excited for another girl!! We can't wait to meet little Mackenzie and we have decided to call her little Mack! I can't believe Mak already has a namesake in the family.